– Lang AM. Botulinum toxin type B in piriformis syndrome. Am J Phys Med Rehabil. 2004; 83:198–202.
– Lewis AM, Layzer R, Engstrom JW, et al. Magnetic resonance neurography in extraspinal sciatica. Arch Neurol. 2006; 63:1469–1472.
– Filler AG, Howe FA, Hayes CE, et al. Magnetic resonance neurography. Lancet. 1993; 13: 1993; 341:659–661.
– Howe FA, Filler AG, Bell BA, et al. Magnetic resonance neurography. Magn Reson Med. 1992; 28:328–338.
– Stoll G, Bendszus M, Perez J, et al. Magnetic resonance imaging of the peripheral nervous system. J Neurol. 2009; 256:1043–1051.
– Koltzenburg M, Bendszus M. Imaging of peripheral nerve lesions. Curr Opin Neurol. 2004; 17:621–626.
– Chhabra A, Chalian M, Soldatos T, et al. 3-T high-resolution MR neurography of sciatic neuropathy. Am J Roentgenol. 2012; 198: W357–364.
– Petchprapa CN, Rosenberg ZS, Sconfienza LM, et al. MR imaging of entrapment neuropathies of the lower extremity. Part 1: The pelvis and hip. Radiographics. 2010; 30:983–1000.
Finnoff JT, Hurdle MF, Smith J. Accuracy of ultrasound-guidedversus fluoroscopically guided contrast-controlled piriformis injections: a cadaveric study. J Ultrasound Med. 2008; 27:1157–1163.
– Blunk JA. MRI verification of ultrasound-guided infiltrations of local anesthetics into the piriformis muscle. Pain Med. 2013.
– Fishman LM, Anderson C, Rosner B. BOTOX and physical therapyin the treatment of piriformis syndrome. Am J Phys Med Rehabil. 2002; 81:936–942.
– Fishman LM, Konnoth C, Rozner B. Botulinum neurotoxin type B and physical therapy in the treatment of piriformis syndrome: a dose-finding study. Am J Phys Med Rehabil. 2004; 83:42–50 quiz 51-43.
– Yoon SJ, Ho J, Kang HY, et al. Low-dose botulinum toxin type A for the treatment of refractory piriformis syndrome. Pharmacotherapy. 2007; 27:657–665.
– Fanucci E. CT-guided injection of botulinic toxin for percutaneous therapy of piriformis muscle syndrome with preliminary MRI results about denervative process. Eur Radiol. 2001; 11:2543–2548.
– Knudsen JS, McConkey MO, Brick MJ. Endoscopic Sciatic Neurolysis. Arthrosc Tech. 2015 Aug 10; 4(4):e353-8.
– Moon HB, Nam KY, Kwon BS, Park JW, Ryu GH, Lee HJ, Kim CJ. Leg Weakness Caused by Bilateral Piriformis Syndrome: A Case Report. Ann Rehabil Med. 2015 Dec; 39(6):1042-6.
– Zeren B, Canbek U, Oztekin HH, İmerci A, Akgün U. Bilateral piriformis syndrome in two elite soccer players: Report of two cases. Orthop Traumatol Surg Res. 2015 Dec; 101(8): 987-90.
– Rosales J, García N, Rafols C, Pérez M, Verdugo MA. Perisciatic Ultrasound-Guided Infiltration for Treatment of Deep Gluteal Syndrome: Description of Technique and Preliminary Results. J Ultrasound Med. 2015 Nov; 34(11):2093-7. doi: 10.7863/ultra.14.12030. Epub 2015 Oct 7.
– Yang HE, Park JH, Kim S. Usefulness of Magnetic Resonance Neurography for Diagnosis of Piriformis Muscle Syndrome and Verification of the Effect After Botulinum Toxin Type A Injection: Two Cases. Medicine (Baltimore). 2015 Sep; 94(38):e1504. doi: 10.1097/MD.0000000000001504.
– Misirlioglu TO, Akgun K, Palamar D, Erden MG, Erbilir T. Piriformis syndrome: comparison of the effectiveness of local anesthetic and corticosteroid injections: a double-blinded, randomized controlled study. Pain Physician. 2015 Mar-Apr; 18(2):163-71.
– Lori A, Boyajian-O’ Neill, et al. Diagnosis and management of piriformis syndrome: an osteopathic approach. J Am Osteopath Assoc Nov 2008; 108(11):657-664.
– Boyajian- O’ Neill L.A. et al. Diagnosis and Management of Piriformis syndrome: an osteopathic approach. The journal of the American and osteopathic association Nov 2008; 108(11): 657-664.
– Jankovic D, Peng P, van Zundert A. Brief review: piriformis syndrome: etiology, diagnosis, and management. Can J Anaesth. 2013 Oct; 60(10):1003-12.
– Beaton LE, Anson BJ. The relation of the sciatic nerve and of its subdivisions to the piriformis muscle. Anat Rec.1937; 70(1):1-5.
– Cavalli G, Queiroz MC, Tavares Linhares JP, Amaral DT, Ono NK. Anatomical variation of piriformis muscle as a cause of deep gluteal pain: diagnosis using MR neurography and treatment * Revista Brasileira de Ortopedia (English Edition). Volume 48, Issue 1, January–February 2013, Pages 114–117